.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Days 12-15
Well, I started feeling a bit under the weather on Saturday night and ended up fighting a cold (what the heck?!!) the past 3 days, but that wasn’t gonna stop us from enjoying beautiful Bora Bora! The remedy? Dope up on Dayquil and ride cruiser bicycles (single speed) all 19 miles around the island! :)
Well, I started feeling a bit under the weather on Saturday night and ended up fighting a cold (what the heck?!!) the past 3 days, but that wasn’t gonna stop us from enjoying beautiful Bora Bora! The remedy? Dope up on Dayquil and ride cruiser bicycles (single speed) all 19 miles around the island! :)
The road was relatively flat aside from one giant hill that we pushed our way up, and no one ran us over so it was quite a delightful ride! We spent just under 5 hours with many photo stops along the way of course, and when we were done so was my energy… we headed back to the boat where I completely crashed out for the rest of the night… didn’t even wake up for dinner! So worth it though, plus I needed to save my energy for the next day because….
We went ashore again and decided to hit the high seas (ooh, something new! Ha ha :) and rented ourselves a little motorboat! Shortly after receiving some basic instructions and a map, Captain Chris (yep, my husband) had us gliding across the crystal clear water to drop anchor at our first snorkeling spot, called the Coral Garden. It was awesome… I was doped up on Dayquil again and had no problems since I was breathing thru my snorkel (and not my nose)! Lots of colorful fish and I saw the biggest eel I have ever seen in my entire life… Chris was in another area so he missed it but it scared the crap outta me! It went into some coral before I could get a shot, but it had to be 3 or 4 feet long and really big around…:0
We clambered back into our little boat and beached ourselves up on a motu for a little break, then went back out for more snorkeling… it was so serene both under and above the water… when we finished our little expedition for the day and had the boat safely returned without overturning or shipwreck, we discovered we had both fallen prey to that scourge of the seas, what I like to call “Crispy Crack”. :) Despite numerous slatherings of sunscreen, we both got a bit broiled right above our bum line (you know, above the shorts but below the shirt). Thank goodness for aloe! :)
I wiped out again for the night and chris went up on deck to check out the poolside Polynesian BBQ, complete with roasted pig… sweetie that he is, he took pictures of the food :)
Yesterday was Raiatae… honestly, we didn’t do much here aside from blow the rest of our Polynesian francs on soda for chris, postcards and such… we didn’t have time to explore the interior which was the more scenic part of the island and there weren’t really any beaches that we could get to. We needed the rest anyways, so we just relaxed and played cards the rest of the day. I know, vacationing is so tough! Tomorrow is Rarotonga in the Cook Islands so I’m excited to explore a place visited by some friends (Yep, that’s a shout out to the Scofields).
Looks like we’ll still be hitting Pago Pago (American Samoa), but they say we are a little ways from where the tsunami hit so we wont see the devastated part unless by our intention. I’m really looking forward to getting to Australia, so it will be nice to have a calmer pace before we go full steam when we hit the Continent.
Miss you all muchly!
I am so jealous!! It sounds like you guys are having such an awesome time!! We miss you back here! Love reading the blog!
ReplyDeleteIt is quite amusing to me that being waaay too close to a SHARK raised nary a hair on your pretty little neck, ........but the eel "scared the crap out of" you :) p.s. are your toes getting webbed yet?
ReplyDelete